Florida Residential Security Deposit Law
“My Landlord won’t return my Security Deposit!”
10 Things a Tenant should know about their Security Deposit:
- Know your rights – get a free Consultation from a Security Deposit Lawyer.
- In Florida Security Deposits are governed by Florida Law (Florida Statutes 83.49).
- Tenant’s Security Deposit belongs to the Tenant and not the Landlord.
- Security Deposit is to protect the Landlord against damages that might be incurred during the tenancy.
- Normal wear and tear of a property is not normally considered damages that can be subtracted from the tenant’s security deposit (painting walls or replacing worn carpet).
- Landlord must return the security deposit within 15 days after the tenant vacates if the landlord does impose a claim against the security deposit.
- If the Landlord wants to impose a claim against the tenant’s security deposit-the landlord must send the former tenant a certified letter detailing the claim and return any unclaimed amount of the security deposit within 30 days after the former tenant vacates the property.
- If the Landlord does not send the notice of claim to the former tenant within 30 days-the landlord forfeits their right to impose a claim or subtract damages from the security deposit.
- After the tenant receives notice that the landlord intends to impose a claim against their security deposit-the tenant has 15-days to send a written objection to the landlord.
10. Get a free consultation: Landlord-Tenant Law can be complicated and tenants should seek Free legal advice or consultation from a Florida Landlord-Tenant Lawyer or a Security Deposit Attorney.
No Upfront Attorney Fees - Let us get your “Security Deposit Back Fast!”
- Get a FREE consultation from the Spragg Law Firm, PA– speak to a Security Deposit Lawyer Today!
- We will get your Security Deposit Back and You will owe us nothing-we will get your landlord to pay your attorney’s fees. Get your “entire security deposit back” and get your landlord to pay your costs and fees.
- Your landlord has a lawyer on his side – you should have a Security Deposit Lawyer on your side. The Spragg Law Firm, PA works for you!
- It’s your money-get it back!
5 Tips to Protecting Your Security Deposit
- Before or soon after signing a Lease – do a walk-through and document ALL damages to the property big and small. Send your landlord an email and copy yourself with all the damage you found on the property. Also-take picture and/or video of the entire property and particularly any damage to the property and email the pictures to yourself and keep it where you can find it.
- During your tenancy – be sure to make any minor repairs that you may cause – don’t wait till you are going to vacate.
- Give your landlord written notice of any repairs that need to be fixed (hand-deliver or email which is best). Always communicate with your landlord in writing or email.
- Read, Read, and Read your lease – know what the rules are before you sign the lease.
- Once your move out all your property take pictures or video of the entire property (including in the closets, under cabinets, appliances, etc.). Then do a walk-through with the Landlord before you turn over the keys.
About the Spragg Law Firm, PA
The Spragg Law Firm is also a major Florida Landlord/Tenant Law Firm protecting Tenant’s Rights against Landlord abuses. The founder, Attorney Isaac Spragg, has spent 32 years in the U.S. Military (Army and Air Force) serving and protecting this Great Nation. The Spragg Law Firm, PA continues to protect and serve by protecting and preserving tenant’s rights. The values and the fighting spirit instilled in Attorney Isaac Spragg as a military officer and lawyer, are the same values and spirit of the Spragg Law Firm, PA. Put the Spragg Law Firm, PA on your side and give yourself a fighting chance.
We are dedicated to “Changing Wrong to Right” through aggressive, ethical, and competent representation.
Professional and trustworthy .
I’m so happy that I found trough Google Spragg Low firm , Jacob was super professional, always reachable, will answer all questions you may have , most important they help me to get my deposit money back from ex- landlord , my neighbor told that for 13 years she lives there not even one tenant get deposit back , landlord was taking advantage off people with low income , no lease no any agreement written on the paper , but with help professional lawyers I got my money back and landlord pay all my legal fee 💃🏻.Thank you very much Jacob and Isaac for you devotion and help. Happy upcoming holidays 🎄
Isaac and Jacob were so amazing! They made me feel at ease right away and took care of my situation. Truly genuine and professional! It was my first time hiring an attorney and I’m so glad it was them! I’ll always recommend the Spragg Law Firm team!
Very High Quality, Attention to Detail and Devotion to Individual Circumstance
I initially contacted Spragg Law Firm about an arbitrary email I received from my landlord about paying 2 weeks rent in arrears immediately within 3 days or facing eviction proceedings. Now, this email was sent after payment arrangements had been made and also after 12 years of on-time payments. So, I was 2 weeks late after 598 weeks of on-time payments, roughly one-third of 1% of my time living there. And, this lateness was due to an act of God. . Spragg Law Firm stands out among the shining stars of the legal profession. As we all know, there are certain negative perceptions about lawyers in general that exist in our society. Spragg Law Firm not only defies these conventional beliefs, but they excel at proving exactly the opposite - that lawyers can be personable, empathetic, devoted to your situation and willing to go above and beyond to assist your with the favorable resolution of your situation. In my dealings with them, I received timely and accurate responses to my questions and concerns and even received suggestions that may work more to my benefit than ideas I already had in mind. They were friendly to me and always made time when I needed their assistance, even at the end of a busy day for them. My exposure to them has completely changed my perception of lawyers and has given me the confidence I needed to continue working within my situation with the knowledge and confidence that, should the other side attempt to change or violate our agreement, I have a reliable source to contact that will act on my behalf. I will recommend Spragg Law Firm, without any reservations, to any and everyone who finds themselves in a similar situation, while also informing them to have faith in the outcome because the Spragg Law Firm will treat your case like you are their most important client. This law firm is a testimonial that a good law firm has the capability to function in the manner that we, as a people, expect them to perform.
QUICK AND TO THE POINT IN RESULTS
Mr. Spragg assisted me with a seven-day notice to have tenants move out of my primary home, who did not provide any money for lodging or pay any utilities. I allowed these tenants to live in my primary residence until they could get back on their feet and find another home due to an eviction from their previous residence. The tenants told the untruth of moving out in December 2017, and stayed past the time frame for 2 extra weeks without my consent. I needed consultation about how to proceed on which Mr. Spragg assisted me with the notification within 3 days of inquiring for help through the NO LO system. After posting and serving the notification the tenants move out in 2 days. No eviction proceedings were necessary, in which Mr. Spragg saved me time and money towards a bona fide legal case. Mr. Spragg demonstrated a quick resolve which provided results. Thank you for your support.
High Quality Professional Service
Great personal. Got a call back right away way, no hassle no problem, no delay. If you need to get the Job done; this is definitely the place to call. Issac, personally gave me a call within an hour and assisted me immediately over the phone. These guys are truly passionate in their work and extremely recommended to use. JV CONSTRUCT USA
When your tired of the rest contact the BEST!!!
I did not have a favorable opinion of attorney's until I met Attorney Isaac Spragg. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has felt cheated out of hard earned money plus not getting the results you want. I had just purchased a vehicle and only had it for 21 days before it had major engine problems after receiving what was supposed to be routine maintenance. The warranty company refused to fix my car, the dealership claimed no fault as well as the service station. Mr. Spragg took my case and from day one he was out for "MY" justice. His communication, attention to detail and work ethic are SECOND TO NONE! Mr. Spragg dedicated EXTENSIVE hours towards my case and went above and beyond the call of duty acquiring a subject matter expert to inspect my car and provide detailed documents for trial of what happened to my car and he DID NOT break my pockets seeking justice for me. Mr. Spragg personally saved me $12,000 + in out of pocket repair cost because he "CARED ABOUT ME" and wasn't out just to take my money. If you want GOOD, HONEST representation and want someone who will "ACTUALLY" fight for you and not just give you lip service, then contact The Spragg Law Firm and rest assured he will not rest until he has exhausted all efforts for you!
Personable & High Quality Work
The Spragg Law Firm led by attorney Isaac Spragg is a firm that prides itself on exceeding client expectation on behalf of their clients all while delivering impeccable work. I highly recommend attorney Spragg's law firm to anyone seeking professional representation.
Got the Dealership to take the LEMON back!
The Spragg Law Firm is the best - when bought my first car-the dealership gave me a LEMON and refused to give me my money back - until Isaac Spragg got involved. The dealership caved in under the pressure the Spragg Law Firm put on them. Thank you-I can not thank you guys enough! Absolutely the best. Honest and Competent!
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||9:00am - 6:00pm|